The Wild Beer Co is renowned for producing some of the most interesting and experimental beers in the UK. Born out of a love of fermentation, barrel-ageing and most importantly, flavour. We believe exceptional brewing stems from imagination and passion. We pride ourselves on keeping our quality curve ahead of our growth curve in our singular pursuit of flavour!
From our own range of barrel-aged and wild fermented beers to a wine list that showcases indigenous grape varieties from unexpected geographies and a menu that combines comfort and surprise, our ethos carries throughout the building.
The Wild Beer Co is searching for a motivated and experienced Sous Chef for Wild Beer @ Wapping Wharf, Bristol.
- Working alongside the head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
- Leading the kitchen team in chef's absence
Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- Passion and dedication to attention to detail across all areas of the bar and restaurant
- Experienced in regular menu changes and liaising with the Head Chef
- A flair with ingredients
- An ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts
If you feel you have the drive, experience and attitude we would love to hear from you!
Please send a CV and covering letter to Fleur Cooper, Operations - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wild Beer Co is looking for a Drayman!
Due to continued growth, we are looking to expand our warehouse team. The position calls for an energetic Driver / Drayman with a can-do attitude to assist in delivering our unique beer to thirsty customers throughout the South of England. You will be not only be delivering the beer, but acting as the face of the brewery and maintaining key relationships with their vast customer base by providing excellent customer service.
You will be responsible for:
- Safe loading and unloading off all goods
- Handling cash
- Completing all paperwork
- Comply with all driving regulations
- Daily Vehicle Checks
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A passion for providing excellent customer service (a love of Beer helps too!)
- Low Volume Multi Drop experience
- Experience driving in busy cities
- A good level of physical health (Heavy lifting of kegs WILL be involved)
- A clean driving licence
- Be over 25 years of age (Due to insurance purposes)
Please note, you will also be required to assist in other areas of the company where necessary such as the warehouse and packaging department.
There is the potential opportunity for the right candidate to take on a sales and delivery roll that could grow your earning potential.
Please contact email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to apply.