Beeramisu: like tiramisu, but with beer09/02/2022
Flavour is at the heart of what we do, this isn't just about beer! Why not try this delicious beeramisu dessert recipe using some of our decadent stouts! Its malty, creamy, and sweet with a touch of bitterness from the beer.
• 250g mascarpone
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 330ml bottle of BABS or Wildebeest (you could use Millionaire and add a splash of coffee liqueur)
• 150ml double cream
• 4 tbsp icing sugar
• 16 sponge fingers
• Good-quality dark chocolate and cocoa powder to serve.
1. Whisk the mascarpone with the vanilla and 75ml of beer until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
2. Whisk the cream with the icing sugar until smooth, then fold in the mascarpone mix.
3. Pour the remaining beer into a bowl (sweeten with more icing sugar if you like).
4. Take one sponge finger at a time and dip it in to the beer. Set aside and continue with the remaining biscuits.
5. Line four serving glasses with four sponge fingers, breaking them in half if you need to.
6. Spoon the mascarpone mix in until you reach the top of the glass. Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to infuse.
7. Remove the beeramisu from the fridge. Grate a little chocolate over the top of each one and dust with sifted cocoa powder to serve.