Welsh Rarebit Pizza16/02/2022
Cooking with smoke and over charcoal brings another dimension to cooking. Pairing big flavoured beer with big flavoured food bring another dimension to BBQ.
We forged a relationship with Kamado Joe and were inspired by the six nations rugby to come up with 6 recipes from each nation together to pair with our beers.
We created this delicious Welsh rarebit pizza to pair with our celebration beer Ninkasi!
2 tsp Salt
|150g Cheddar Cheese (plus
extra for sprinkling)
1 tsp Mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Egg Yolks
1. Put your flour in a large mixing bowl and add the salt and dried yeast.
2. Slowly add the water and combine into a dough ball.
3. Knead the dough and then set aside in a warm place for a couple
hours to rise.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the flour to
make a roux, then slowly add your milk stirring as you go.
5. Once it is all combined add your ale, cheese, mustard, worcestershire
sauce and stire until smooth. Allow to cool.
6. When the sauce has cooled you can add the egg yolks to the mixture.
7. Get your grill really hot, around 500C and place your pizza stone or
DoJoe pizza accessory onto the BBQ.
8. Separate the dough into four balls and hand stretch them into round
pizza bases or roll them with a rolling pin (rolling can push all the air
out and make the dough less likely to bubble up so stretching is the
9. Add the welsh rarebit sauce as the base layer on your pizza, then add
the leeks and finally another sprinkle of cheese.
10. Put the pizza onto the pizza stone in the BBQ and cook for around 5
mins or until the crust bubbles up and starts to brown then remove and
serve with a Wild Beer Co Ninkasi!